Prime Academy, launched in April 95, provides specialised classroom training for students undergoing the Chartered Accountancy program. This, the Academy believes, will help the students to face the examinations with greater confidence leading to their early emergence as professional accountants. This conscious pursuit of excellence lead to the Academy’s alumni picking up a number of All-India ranks at the CA and CWA examinations, including the All India First rank, 11 times.
To date, the Academy’s classes have attracted a cumulative enrollment of 80,000 plus students drawn principally from Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Nepal and Goa. With over 820 Plus All India ranks, including 11 first ranks and a 53 member strong professional force associated with its activities, the Academy has emerged as a major dispenser of classroom instruction.
A slew of firsts
The Academy has been at the forefront of innovation. What we do today, others do tomorrow. We have been the first to:
- Offer the full menu of subjects under one banner
- Conduct Progress Test and Model Exams
- Publish text books (under the brand “First Lessons”) through an All India Book Publisher
- Publish Grafitti, a students’ Magazine
- Run a Research Centre
- Conduct Corporate Training in India / Abroad
- Conduct Review Class for CISA / CFA / CPA / CIMA
- Conduct placements for CA/CWA/CS/CISA/CA Interns
- Have a governance code for faculty and students
- Enroll through the Net
- K Mart the ‘internet only’ business magazine
- i-Learn – the interactive video classes – Vidyo Mode